|Who’s the Real Man: Masculinity and Violence Against Women|
Everyone has a different idea of what it means to be a man, and we learned how from the men in our lives. Some were men we know, others we just see on TV. Some of them taught us positive lessons, others showed us what not to do. And just about everyone received mixed messages about violence against women, and what role it plays in men’s lives. This keynote helps men critically examine the messages they receive about masculinity and violence against women, pull out the positive messages, and start moving to the next level of challenging violence against women in their community.
Participants will learn:
1. The connections between masculinity a culture of violence against women
2. How masculinity can help all men work toward preventing violence against women
3. How to overcome personal resistance and social messages to not be involved
4. The ways other men have integrated violence prevention efforts into their lives
5. What they can do on a day-to-day basis to prevent violence against women in their communities